Pennsylvania is considered an equitable distribution state. Equitable distribution does not always mean marital assets will be divided equally between two parties. Instead, the court aims for a distribution that is considered equitable and fair. Property/asset division is based on the following factors.
- Health, age and income of each party
- Length of time in the marriage
- Child custody orders/arrangements
- Standard of living during the marriage
- Significant non-marital assets
- Economic incomes of the parties